28 February 2009

Yay...

10:30 21 February 2009

Wow! No kidding, that week passed quickly. As I said earlier, the camp was extremely physically exhausting, the crew of six volunteers and our local counterpart acting as session leaders, team leaders, organizers, children herders and disciplinarians all week. As they say about having fun, time certainly flew, but I am glad it is over now so I can relax a bit and recuperate from having to do so much.

In addition for the camp being fun for us trainers, I think the children really enjoyed it too. They were super enthusiastic and partcipitative which was really encouraging to see. Even in the more information dense serious sessions like HIV/AIDS, Volunteerism, and leadership skills, they were still very attentive and active. I was also very to happy to hear that some of the students liked Frisbee so much that they want me to start a team in my village! This is something I will be happy to oblige them with.

No comments: