08 February 2009

Vet school next?

10:45 6 February 2009

My further education in animal husbandry continued today as I was asked early in the morning if I could help outside for a few minutes. I didn’t know what I was in for, and later regretted wearing my work clothes. Turns out that our sheep apparently have some disease right now and so we hired a vet to come over and give them all antibiotics. Being the man of the house, it was my responsibility to catch the sheep individually (all twenty five of them) and then hold them down while the vet gave the injections. It was actually pretty fun to chase around sheep and then restrain them and made me feel like a real farm boy- I was a bit nervous as the vet ran around as well with his syringe and helped me, I really didn't want to be the victim of Sheep born illnesses. Fortunately,the only negative result was my pants and shoes getting dirty, but who knows when I will get laundry next…

Today I am heading into Karakol again after classes to go skiing with some friends. It should be a really fun activity even though it is my first time trying downhill skiing and I am terrified of it- too many celebrities have died doing it I suppose. Anyhow, I am going to do my best to be cautious and stay safe during it and at the very least I hope we get some cool pictures up on the mountains.

No comments: