28 February 2009

New culinary experiences.

21:00 26 February 2009

I tried sheep brain today. I think that concludes my culinary exploration of boiled mutton. I seriously believe that I have tried on some occasion every single edible part of the fat-tailed sheep. Stomach, intestines, and pure fat cut in slices were some of the first experiences for me that were new. The prized delicacy of sheep face skin, cheek meat, tongue and ear were quick to follow. The true prizes of sheep eyes, hooves and gum meat then secured my place in the adventurous realm. But today was the real treat for me- I had never eaten the brain of another animal that I know of, and the concept of it still bothers me somewhat. The taste wasn’t bad at all really, much like the rest of mutton, but the texture wasn’t terribly pleasant- boiled grey matter has the consistency of very fine but slightly gritty soft jell-o. Sorry if that grossed any of you out…

1 comment:

Ashley said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!!