30 July 2008

Kyrgyz Kids


These pictures are the favorites I have taken in Kyrgyzstan, they are the various children that I played with recently. Shockingly diverse, they represent Turkish, Kyrgyz, Russian, Tatar, Uzbek, and Caucus families.





19:30 29 July 2008

Yesterday, I brought out the Frisbee and played for hours. The game attracted various people, everyone from little kids to young adolescent boys took part. The boys were funny as they first were at first too cool for it and merely watched from the side, but then ended up laughing and taking part once Laura or I prodded them enough to. It was also a great way to teach English outside of the classroom. One kid in particular was very eager to learn and by the end of the game was able to say “I see a singular noun” and “I see plural noun” with a good variety of things from cookies to cars to girls and boys. It was very rewarding to see such a non committal exercise have such good results. I can only hope that he remains as excited about learning language at home and keeps up with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to see the kids are playing happily, it reminds me my childhood life. I do agree with you games are attracting different kinds of people. Playing outdoor game is the easy way to keep good health condition both physically & mentally.
***********
shakeel
Social Media Marketing - 520857180.038154

http://www.widecircles.com

Applesauce said...

those are lovely pictures jon. the kids are adorable.