15 November 2008

It's cold!!!

10:45 11 November 2008

We are having our first real snow today. I don’t know if it truly is the last of my childhood enthusiasm for snow leaving or merely a reflection on the reality of the circumstances (cold and windy) because I was not and remain not terribly excited about it. While we have had numerous other snowfalls, they were generally fleeting and only barely covered the ground and were melted away in a day or two. Today we have one that while not a huge amount of accumulation, did really stick and the temperature indicated it’s not going anywhere fast. I’ll still definitely admit that it is really pretty (I hope to put up some pictures) but it really is quite cold. Oh well, I suppose I must just suck it up and soldier on and be thankful my house has coal heating.

No comments: