23 April 2009

Spring Left?

1530 16 April 2009

I wrote earlier that Spring had returned. Perhaps my mistake was having written that on April Fool’s Day. While this is still true to a certain extent, I was reminded this morning that I still live in quite a cold country. After a few weeks of nice and mild weather, trees beginning to blossom, and the color green being reintroduced to my life, I awoke this morning to a few inches of snow blanketing the landscape. It’s already mostly melted, creating muddy conditions everywhere, but it was still quite a shock to arise in mid April to snow everywhere! Unfortunately, I was also told that the late cold snap after the trees began blossoming might mean that the apricot harvest this year will be severely less than usually hoped for in the summer.

No comments: