12 December 2008

Oblast Winners!






15:30 2 December 2008

My kids did wonderfully at the conference. I didn’t realize it was a competition, but it turns out that of all the oblast participants, they won first place for their presentation! I am so proud of those kids and really pleased that I can work with them. Soon will be a little-known holiday- International Volunteer Day, and we are going to have a program at an orphanage, I am really excited about the potential sustainability of the work we are doing with these club members. Ideally, the skills we are teaching them, primarily by placing them in situations where they need to use them, will go well beyond the two years I spend here.

Photos are of my group doing their skit, a rap they wrote, and singing one of their songs

No comments: